- go wine tasting with friends (this is a bit of a cheat- we're going this weekend to kick off summer and celebrate my girls' birthdays!)
- Hawaii vacation at Aulani!!!
- have at least 3 picnics
- go to the beach at least once a month
- go hiking at least 3 times
- read by the pool
- enjoy cocktails in my "margarita bowls" (an awesome gift from my bridal shower last year)
- perfect the recipe for white sangria
- make an Instagram photo book from Hawaii pics
- try at least 3 new food trucks
- enjoy riesling and watermelon (and enjoy the flood of college memories that go along with it)
- go to the farmers market once a week
- fully enjoy our friends' weddings (we have 3 this year!)
- make popsicles
- read at least 12 books (this is an improvement on my goal for 25 books in 2012)
- keep the basil plants alive
- make a new salad once a week
- go through an entire bottle of hot pink nail polish
- go on a "night walk" once a month
- make our own ice cream
- American Idiot!
Thursday, May 24, 2012
I never know what magic I will find when I read Ali Edwards' blog. She is amazing. This morning she wrote about her Summer Manifesto- a list of intentions for what she wants to have happen this summer. I think this resonated with me because lately I've been feeling like I have zero control over certain areas in my life. But I know that the only way to move on is to take specific actions on the things I can control, or at least take steps to bring about change. So, why not jump into summer with a plan for fun, right? I think so.
Posted by Patsy Custodio at 11:15 AM